TEMPE UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
CLEARANCE PROCEDURE FOR ATHLETICS/ACTIVITIES
Please go to the following link to access Athletics/Activities participation paperwork:
Register My Athlete streamlines the process of registering students for participation in high school athletics.
Instructions for Parents: Please complete all paperwork at least one week prior to try-outs, in order to be cleared on the first day of try-outs.
All athletes must have accident or health insurance coverage in order to start the process. Students will not be cleared without insurance. We offer school insurance through Myers-Stevens, forms are available in the athletics office, or you may enroll using online enrollment https://www.myers-stevens.com/. If enrolling online please upload proof of enrollment or bring it to the athletics office.
- Find your school: http://www.registermyathlete.com/schools/ to access the webpage.
- Add a new athlete: The next step is to add an athlete. You can do so by clicking the “My Athletes” tab on the left-hand side of the page or by clicking “Add Athlete” underneath the “My Athletes” tab. This only needs to be done once during your athlete’s entire career in the TUHSD district. The information entered here will carry over from year to year. This information includes your athlete’s contact information and medical information. You will update your information each year.
- The Athlete’s profile: After you have created your athlete you will be brought to their profile page. This page is a summary of their info and involvement.
- Register for a sport: Click “Register for a Sport” to begin registration, you will be asked to choose which sport your athlete is registering for. Select all of the sports your child may be participating in during the school year.
- Your registration checklist: This page shows the status of your athlete’s registration. You will be asked to complete several steps to complete registration, including agreeing to documents, and completing the physical.
- Physicals: Physical documents should be completed by the parents and medical professionals. Parents have the ability to down load, print, and upload these physical documents to the system. When uploading documents, please include all four documents saved as one document. Please do the same with any documents that have multiple sheets per area. For example, the Consent Form and Insurance Card need to be combined into one document for upload as well.
- Complete registration: Your registration is complete once all items on the checklist have been completed, uploaded and verified at the Athletics Office. For cut sports/activities (Volleyball, Badminton, Spiritline, Varsity Dance Line, Tennis, Golf, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Sand Volleyball) you will pay the District participation fee of $50 AFTER the roster has been set by the coach. For non-cut sports (Football, Cross Country, Swim & Dive, Track, Wrestling), the final registration step occurs when parent/guardian pays the $50.00 activity fee in the campus bookstore and brings receipt to the Athletics Office.
You can login at any time to view the status of your athlete, or update information that may change.
Additional Athletes of the same family/guardian: Under the same account, repeat steps 3-9 to register additional athletes.
Future Seasons and Years: Once your athlete has been added to your account, you only need to follow steps 5-8 to register them for another sport. At the beginning of each school year, you will be required to update information.